How to order a rug from our “rugs you can order” galleries
Our rugs you can order galleries display an extensive range of rugs that you can order. You can order any rug “displayed as is” or in any size, design or colour combination that you desire. You can also create your own rug designs to suit your personal preferences.
If you wish to order an existing rug from one of our galleries “exactly as displayed” you can simply purchase it through our web site just like an item in stock. You will receive an immediate invoice via email and a follow up e-mail within 24 hours outlining the time frame to receive your rug. Note: certain rugs may already be available in our show room in Nepal.
- We offer our customers full assistance in the creation of custom designed rugs. This includes modifying pictures with software such as Photo Shop and providing a vast range of coloured wool and silk samples at no extra charge.
- The easiest way to order a carpet from our Rugs you can order galleries, is to contact us and we will guide you through the process and assist with any enquiries.
Custom rugs made to order
We invite our customers to create and customize their own rug designs.
- You can have any rug displayed in these galleries woven for you in any size or colour combination at no extra charge. Please see custom rugs made to order (below).
- Custom rugs are priced at the same rate as our Rugs in Store. There are no additional costs for weaving or creating your own rug.
- We send our customers pictures of their rugs being woven by our Tibetan weavers in Nepal.
- Your rug can be woven at 100, 80 or 60 knots per square inch. You can also choose Tibetan sheep wool, New Zealand or Indian sheep wool and blends of pure silk. Each type of wool has a different characteristic and the prices will differ depending upon the knots per square inch and the type of wool that is used to weave your rug.
We have created many beautiful custom made Tibetan rugs for a broad range of customers. Please contact us for any enquiries or assistance.
- Our refund policy offers a full money back guarantee.
- We offer free delivery world wide for medium and large rugs.
- We ensure that your rug will arrive within an agreed time frame and in excellent condition.
Estimated time frames to weave a Tibetan rug
The time frames to order a rug will vary depending on whether the rug is already in stock in Nepal or whether the rug will need to be woven for you. Certain rugs may already be available. The following table shows an approximate time frame to weave a Tibetan rug.
|Sizes in cm
Each rug is hand woven by highly skilled Tibetan rug weavers. Each rug is individually unique. It can take an average weaver 30 days to weave a square meter of a 100 knot rug and 20 days to weave a square meter of a 60 knot rug. It also depends on how many weavers are working on a rug. Between 1 and 5 weavers may work on rug simultaneously sitting side by side.
We hope that you enjoy perusing our rug galleries and we look forward to assisting you with any enquiries that you may have.